Kia is Highest-Ranked Mass Market Brand in J.D. Power Initial Quality Study for a Fourth Consecutive Year
For a 4th consecutive year, Kia ranks highest among all mass-market nameplates in the J.D. Power U.S. Initial Quality Study (IQS).
Kia’s strong performance in the 2018 IQS follows on the heels of industry-leading scores the previous two years, in which the brand
ranked highest among all industry nameplates in initial quality. Further, Kia has now ranked among the top two nameplates
in overall initial quality in each of the last four years. In addition to its outstanding performance in the 2018 IQS, Kia produces two
award-recognized models: the 2018 Sorento in the Midsize SUV segment (third award in four years), and the 2018 Kia Rio in the Small
Two Kia Models Receive Initial Quality Awards:
- Kia Sorento Leads Midsize SUV Rankings – The Sorento (68 PP100) receives its second consecutive IQS segment award, and third in
four years. It outperforms the Midsize SUV (90 PP100) average in seven of eight problem categories.
*2018 MIDSIZE SUV IQS RANKING: Problems per 100 Vehicles (PP100) Lower Score = Higher Quality
- Kia Rio is Highest-Ranked Small Car in Initial Quality and Vehicle Dependability – The redesigned 2018 Kia Rio receives an award
in the Small Car segment of the 2018 IQS. It outperforms the Small Car average (107 PP100) by a significant 46 PP100,
and in seven of eight problem categories.
*2018 SMALL CAR IQS RANKING: Problems per 100 Vehicles (PP100) Lower Score = Higher Quality
Kia Leads All Brands With Eight Vehicles with Either a 2018 TSP or TSP+Rating
2019 Kia Sorento earns 2018 Top Safety Pick Plus Rating from Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- Refreshed 2019 Sorento receives 2018 Top Safety Pick Plus rating, elevating the total of Kia vehicles with 2018 TSP+ ratings to four
when equipped with front crash prevention and specific headlights
- Kia’s bestselling SUV received good ratings in all six IIHS crashworthiness tests and “Good” rated headlights when equipped
with optional autonomous emergency braking and LED headlights.
- Four other Kia vehicles have 2018 Top Safety Pick ratings when equipped with front crash prevention and specific headlights
( 2019 Sorento, 2018 Forte sedan, 2018 Optima and 2018 Soul)
2018 Kia Sportage Named Top Pick for Teens by U.S. News & World Report
2018 Kia Sportage Scores High for Teenage Drivers
- Key Available Advanced Driver Assistance Features Include : Blind Spot Detection System, Autonomous Energy Braking, Lane Departure Warning System, Lane Change Assist, and Rear Cross Traffic Alert.
- Kia’s UVO Technology can be programmed to record when a teen keeps the Sportage out past an established curfew, exceeds a preset speed limit, or strays outside a geographic boundary set by parents/guardians.
- Safety and reliability ratings were also major factors in earning Sportage the top spot. It holds a five-star overall crash test rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Association, as well as, a 2018 Top Safety Pick from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.