Kia is Highest-Ranked Mass Market Brand in J.D. Power Initial Quality Study for a Fifth Consecutive Year
For a 5th consecutive year, Kia ranks highest among all mass-market nameplates in the J.D. Power U.S. Initial Quality Study (IQS).
Kia’s strong performance in the 2019 IQS follows on the heels of industry-leading scores the previous two years, in which the brand
ranked highest among all industry nameplates in initial quality. Further, Kia has now ranked among the top two nameplates
in overall initial quality in each of the last five years. In addition to its outstanding performance in the 2019 IQS, Kia has 4 vehicles awarded the highest quality including the Rio, Sportage, Forte, Sedona. In addition to the most dependable Soul and best performance Forte.
Kia Lineup Receives 6 Awards in Initial Quality Study:
- J.D. Power Quality Awarded to Sportage, Forte, Sedona, and Rio – These four vehicles were awarded the Quality Award for the brand who had the fewest problems reported by 100 car owners during the first 90 days of ownership.
*2019 MIDSIZE SUV IQS RANKING: Problems per 100 Vehicles (PP100) Lower Score = Higher Quality
- J.D. Power Dependability Awarded to Soul – Awarded to the brand who had the fewest problems reported by 100 car owners during the last 12 months with their 3-year old vehicle.
*2019 SMALL CAR IQS RANKING: Problems per 100 Vehicles (PP100) Lower Score = Higher Quality
Kia Leads All Brands With Twelve Vehicles with Either a 2019 TSP/TSP+Ratings
Kia Telluride Excites the Consumer Market with More Than a Handful of Awards
2020 Kia Telluride Awarded Two Honors in Kelly Blue Book’s Best Buy Awards:
- The Kia Telluride has been named a winner in two categories of Kelley Blue Book’s 2020 Best Buy Awards. Kia’s largest SUV ever earned the #1 spot in both the Best New Model and 3-Row Midsize SUV segments after a year of analysis and head-to-head testing with various other models.
2020 Kia Telluride Proceeds to Final Selection for 2020 North American Utility Vehicle of the Year Award:
- To be eligible, vehicles must be all-new or substantially new and must be available at dealerships within a reasonable time from the announcement of the awards, which will take place on January 13. This year, the field of semi-finalists included 12 models in the utility category. The Telluride is the first Kia model to be assembled in American and exported. It continues to be their best-selling vehicle with nearly 50,000 units sold since its release.
Kia receives 2020 Best SUV Brand by U.S. News & World Report:
- Kia Receiving such an award is big news considering it knocked Honda off its throne since 2016. The Telluride beat out 35 automakers truly demonstrating Kia’s prowess. Kia has an extensive lineup that will fit into any family’s size and budget.